Monday, June 2, 2014

I'm feeling pretty "O"-kay! :)

This cycle, I'm choosing not to use Clomid. I guess I'm a little paranoid after reading other women's testimony on its ineffectiveness after 3-6 cycles. I'm giving my ovaries a break.

With that being said, today is CD 13 and I feel o-cramping. It's like Christmas. Hubby and I BD today and I left my legs in the air, up against the wall, for what felt like a damn hour.

It was probably more like 10 minutes but I'm a whiner and I like to complain.

So I worry we might have missed our cue. If today's O-day, or even if tomorrow is, BD-ing today is likely too late .... or is it? Ugh. Hubby's on a certain kind of medicine that kinda kills his sex drive. It's been an issue for a few years now. I hate to admit this, but we rarely make love more than three times in a month. His doctor recommended a certain herb and I think we'll try that next cycle if this one doesn't work.

Well .... let the crazy pregnancy games begin!

On a side note, I think I may start labeling my posts on what cycle # I'm on. We've been NTNP since October of 2012, two months after our daughter's birth. I say that because I stopped taking the after-birth birth control pills that month. We're still borderline NTNP and TTC. I mean, I obsess over symptoms, take way too many pregnancy tests and I cry a lot when I see BFNs. How's that different from truly TTC? Well, I don't temp, I don't use OPKs, and I don't chart. Also, the only medical intervention so far is being prescribed Clomid, and that was done nonchalantly over the phone with my OB. She knows I have PCOS but she's never had me do anything to prove I'm not ovulating on my own. I actually don't know if I'm just not ovulating on my own or what. No clue. Since my periods mysteriously decided to stop being jerks and actually show up on time, I've been having O-like pain each month, with or without Clomid. So am I truly broken? I really need to get back to the doctor.

Also, another side note, would my insurance cover my husband's treatment? He's never had his spermies counted or tested or whatever. I don't want to have to get that deep into the TTC world.... but I fear I'm getting there. I mean, I'm only 26 and I already conceived one baby naturally, but I have a bum uterus so I assume I might have a couple more years until I have to succumb to all that other crazy stuff.

................ I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment